Saturday 29 June 2013

Mistakes

“We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here NOW with the power to shape your day and your future.” 
 Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience

I've been thinking about how people may perceive me...  They might see me and only see the mistake I made.  I guess this is a fear that most victims have.  I know that I made a mistake.  I know that in this instance I was a bad judge of character.  I have judged people for falling victim to scams before.  How could they not have seen what was so obviously a con?  And then this happened....

Now I know what it feels like to be on that side of the equation.  How did I not see Wes for the con man he is? It definitely made me question my own instincts....  I have spent a lot of time thinking about how this could have happened to me.  I haven't come up with any answers yet other than that Wes is ridiculously good at pretending he is genuine.  

I am hoping that people will judge me more on how I have dealt with the aftermath of this whole experience.  I have taken what was an embarrassing and expensive mistake and turned it into an opportunity to warn others and hopefully they won't make the same mistake I did.  I have met many amazing people in the process and so far I have only encountered love and support.  As awful as my experience with was with Wes it has definitely shown me what a strong person I am and how many amazing people I have in my life.  

If you or someone you know has been scammed by Wes De Vries I would like to hear from you.  Please email me at wesscammedmetoo@hotmail.com.  It is so important that you know you are not alone in this and I would like to help support you as you rebuild your trust in yourself.   

No comments:

Post a Comment